Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Peace

When I go to my grandparents' house I like to drink my coffee out a certain mug. It has a quote on it that I really like. It says "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart. [author unknown]" This quote is so true but I was wondering how we can be calm in our hearts. With all that's going on around us, it's so easy to get worried or anxious and forget how to be still in the Lord. I found this verse that I think answers my question: Psalm 119:165~ Great peace have those who love Your law; nothing can make them stumble. This verse says that we can have peace by loving and obeying God's law. If we are looking to His law to guide our lives, not even the most trying of circumstances can make us stumble. It was comforting to see that if I follow God's law, He will help me to be strong in the Lord and not stumble. I hope this is encouraging!!

2 comments:

  1. It really is comforting to know that He is always there for us and He can give us peace and comfort!!! Great thoughts...Thanks for posting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and You're Welcome!!

    ReplyDelete