Thursday, September 9, 2010

1 Timothy 4:12

1 Timothy 4:12~ Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
This verse has impacted my life a lot. It is sometimes really hard to recognize that I have a responsibility to be an example to others. This world's culture just tells us teenagers that we don't really have to do anything, that we are expected to be lazy and mess up. But God's Word tells us differently. We need to be an example to others. Just because we're young doesn't mean that we can't exercise good judgement and show others what being a Christian is all about. I really recommend reading Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris. It has really changed my life and the way I think about things. The Lord has showed me that I can and should be an example to others. I hope this encourages you as much as it does me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment