Saturday, September 18, 2010

Decisions, Decisions....

I was thinking this week about all the decisions we have to make in our lives, big and small. I was thinking about how many times that we feel like the things we do today won't affect our future. We think that we can do whatever we want right now, then when we get older we can fix our problems or start over. We think that right now is the time to have fun, to be happy. But unfortunately, right now turns into next month, which turns into next year, etc. Galatians 6: 7-8 remind us: "Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." This verse shows us that our actions today do matter. We cannot sow seeds for this life. We need to be laying up treasure in heaven for the only life that counts: eternal life. I was really convicted by this, because I know that a lot of times I do try to sow seeds for this life. I want my life here on earth to be perfect. I want to have a good job, a family, etc. These things are OK and God put these gifts here for us to enjoy, but many times we think about and strive for them too much. I hope that this post encourages you to live for God and sow seeds for the future, for eternal life!

2 comments: