Saturday, September 18, 2010

Faith

Have you ever had to put faith in something? Of course you have! Especially if you're a Christian because we have to put our faith in Christ to believe that He created the earth and that He will save us from hell. Recently someone in our family was diagnosed with a fast growing tumor in his nasal cavity. He was told that if it was not removed quickly, it would kill him. If that wasn't scary enough.... he also didn't really have any way to pay for it. We had no choice but to put our faith in God to work everything out; His way.

When it looked like there wasn't any hope, he got a phone call. The phone was about his insurance; He got it!!!! Blessing number 1!!!!!!! Then, last week he got a call that MUSC was going to look at him and talk about doing surgery. Blessing number 2!!!! They went down there last Sunday and his appt. was on Monday. Monday, they found out very early that he would have surgery on Tuesday - something they were not expecting at all. After the surgery we were told that the surgery was very successful and they removed it with no problems!!! Blessing number 3!!!! He is still continuing to heal but, through prayer and faith in God, he is on the mend and should be out of the hospital by the beginning of next week.

God played out this entire trial right before our eyes. It made it very clear that there is no other way to do things except through Christ!!! I want to leave you with one thought.... If you haven't put your faith in Christ, please do so today. It will change your life for the better. And don't forget, keep trusting Him!!! Have a great day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great post!!! I love it when God uses other's experiences to teach me! It makes everything seem so real, so applicable to my life! I'm glad he's doing well! I'll be praying for y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!!! I agree... it's an amazing feeling when that happens... at least for me. I will tell him if I get the chance (and I don't forget;))

    ReplyDelete