Saturday, December 25, 2010

Are You Ready For 2011?

Can you believe that it's almost 2011? I can't. It seems like just yesterday that we were sitting around waiting for 2010. Time definitely flies sometimes! Do you have any New Year's resolutions? I have a few so far. They are:

*Read my Bible every day and read through the whole thing in a year (Breanna and I are doing the same plan this year and I think she is going to post it for y'all).
*Run at least two miles at least three times a week (I'm trying to train for a 5K, so we'll see if that happens)
*Finish the year with all A's (I may have to change that to all A's and B's, but we'll see)

I'm sure that I will think of several more resolutions before the New Year begins. My challenge to y'all, though, is to really try to keep the important ones. I mean, I know that they are all important or you wouldn't have made them. But, for instance, if I don't run 2 miles three days a week, that won't affect me spiritually. But if I don't read my Bible every day, that might. So, I challenge you to at least keep the really important ones, even if those are the only ones you are able to keep. I am sure that there will (unfortunately) be days that I do not read my Bible this year. But I am going to try my best to do it whenever possible, and to make time to do it each day. I hope this post encourages you, and I would love to hear about any resolutions you have made!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great challenge! It will help a lot that we can be accountable to eachother by doing the same reading plan. I look forward to the new year and hopefully new habits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It helps me sooooooooooooo much to be accountable, and I am looking forward to the new year, too!!!

    ReplyDelete