Friday, February 25, 2011

Do All to the Glory of God

The other day, I was listening to a sermon in church. The preacher said something that was so familiar to me, yet it was exactly what I needed to hear. It was almost like I had heard it so many times that I forgot. He was talking about doing everything to the glory of God. I often have a hard time doing all to the glory of God while I'm at school. I try, but it is really hard when you are surrounded by hundreds of people who don't share the same faith you do. The preacher saying that just reminded me that it is my job to do all to the glory of God, and I can do it if I'm trusting in His strength (Philippians 4:13). Lately I've been praying and just asking God to help me always focus on Him. If I am always concentrating on God, I won't have a problem with saying wrong things, etc. The problem is getting myself to focus on Him. The best way to help with that is to constantly read His Word. The more you read His word, the more you will focus on Him. I hope this is encouraging and helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment