Friday, February 18, 2011

Living Outside the Box

Have you ever had someone tell you to "think outside the box"? I have had some experiences recently that have taught me to live outside the box and go outside of my comfort zone. Recently, a new girl from Africa came to my school. I was assigned to show her around the school and introduce her to all the teachers, etc. I love meeting new people, but this made me a little uncomfortable. I could hardly understand her accent, and I had to miss some of my classes to help her with stuff. Then, I realized: I really should be spending wayyyyyyyy more time doing things like this rather than spending all my time worrying about me, myself, and I. Most of the time, I just live inside my own little box, and I don't want anyone to bother me. But, I realized that that is a terrible attitude to have, and God has really shown me a lot through this circumstance. So, my challenge to you is: do something that is a little uncomfortable or inconvenient, but ask God to help you grow through situation. You'd be surprised what God can do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment