Friday, July 29, 2011

Praying God's Word

The last (but certainly not least) book that I will be talking about this month is Praying God's Word by Beth Moore. Before I started reading this book, I had never really thought about the principle before, but Beth Moore discusses the importance of our prayers lining up with what God's Word says.
The Bible tells us that God desires for us to pray. He wants us to pray to Him. But so often, our prayers focus only on ourselves and our desires. If we are praying what God's Word says, though, we cannot really go wrong in what we are asking.
Praying God's Word is divided into several different chapters. Each chapter deals with a different stronghold that Christians may face. Beth Moore has found verses that deal with each stronghold, and shows us how to pray for each one.
I love this book for my prayer life, and it is also a good resource to use as a kind of "topical index" to find verses about different things.
A lot of times, as Christians, we fall behind in our prayer lives, so if you are looking for a boost, I recommend this book.
Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment