Tuesday, August 10, 2010

God's Unfailing Love

As I was reading my Bible last night, I came across Psalm 13. I'll type out the Psalm here so you can see what it says.

"How long, O LORD will you forget me forever? How long must you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death; my enemy will say, 'I have overcome him,' and my foes will rejoice when I fall. But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me."
While David was writing this Psalm, he was obviously going through a hard time. He asks God why He is forgetting him. Sometimes it can seem like our enemies are getting the best of us. But, at the end of his Psalm, David tells God that he trusts in His unfailing love. This Psalm taught me that no matter what happens to me, God loves me. There are so many verses in the Bible about God's unfailing love. He loves us, and no matter what we've done, He'll forgive us. This Psalm really encouraged me and I hope it encourages you too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment