Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thankfulness

I was reading in one of my devotional books today and there was a lesson on thankfulness. It really made me stop and think because so many times I take what I have for granted. Most importantly, I have salvation, but God has also blessed we with great family and friends, a house, food, clothes, a good education, and so much more. God has given me so much, and yet so many times I take it for granted and am taken over by the desire for more. I don't know about you but I love getting new stuff! I love getting a new outfit, new song on iTunes, or really anything new. But material things do not satisfy. I think that the more we get, the more we want. One of the ideas in the book I'm reading was to write on a piece of paper everything that we are thankful for. Then, put it inside our Bible so that whenever we start feeling jealous or ungrateful, we can get it out and see all the things that we have to be thankful for. I thought this was a great idea, so I did it and put it in my Bible in Psalm 136, which is all about things that the author was thankful for. I hope this post encourages you!

No comments:

Post a Comment