Monday, August 2, 2010

Philippians 2:3-4

Philippians 2:3-4~Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
This is a verse that has really impacted my life and thinking. It shows that we need to follow Christ's example and respond to others in humility. Even though Christ is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, He was a very humble Person. He even washed His disciples' feet.
Pride is one of the biggest issues I struggle with. I don't like getting outside my comfort zone, or telling others something that will make them think less of me. That's why this blog has been such a great thing for me. I've been able to kind of open up about the things I struggle with and be honest with people. I've been able to recognize that everyone struggles with something. It will be better for me if I open up about my problems so that others can help me and pray for me, as I do likewise for them. It does no good to hold up things inside of you that will eventually come out. We need to tell others so that they will no who we really are and they can help us.
Jesus set a great example for us. He had a right to be proud. He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and He died to save the entire human race. But, instead of being proud, He responded in humility. How much more humble should we be, being the sinners that we are? God has really helped me to have less pride, but I still have a longggggggg way to go! I have been praying that God will help me to be humble like Him and be a good testimony to others!!

No comments:

Post a Comment