Saturday, March 26, 2011

2 Timothy 2:22

2 Timothy 2:22~ Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. I hadn't thought about this verse in awhile until a few days ago. I don't remember what I was struggling with, but the phrase "flee the evil desires of youth" came to mind. It reminded me that even though I am a technically a "youth," I don't have to surrender to youthful desires. Christ has given me the strength to overcome these. Instead, I am supposed to pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace. This reminded me of the book Do Hard Things. As teens, we can surpass society's expectations for us. We do not have to be a slave to youthful lusts. But, unless we trust Christ to help us overcome them, we cannot do it. I hope this encourages you to overcome youthful lusts and pursue things like righteousness, faith, love, and peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment