Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What Are You Learning?

Are you still reading your Bible everyday? I know I haven't checked up on this in a while and also I haven't given you guys any of the past 3 months reading plans... I'm sorry about that:). But my question is, what are you learning? If you are reading your Bible everyday, you should be learning something. If you aren't, I understand why. There have a few times where I read my Bible just because I'm supposed to, not because I need to. I've gone through my Bible reading time without focusing on it and when I was done couldn't even remember what I had just read. With school it can be easy to do that... we are too busy focusing on upcoming tests, or homework we have to do last minute, or, for me, I have soccer game and I'm so nervous I can't focus. None of those things are bad necessarily but Satan can use them to distract us from focusing on God and His Word. I just want to encourage you to read your Bible with a purpose and be learning something every time you open God's Word. Have a great day! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have been reading in Samuel about King Saul and David; and corresponding Psalms. Very convicting, also encouraging to see God's Sovereign hand at work! I know Satan can get me distracted, but honestly my own lazy flesh is good enough to distract me too :).
    Keep on keeping on!
    Love,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete