Monday, March 21, 2011

God vs. Satan

Spiritual warfare is something that I know very little about. I am not going to try to explain things that I do not understand, but I do know one thing: God's Word says in 1 Peter 5:8, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:." I do not know very much about angels, demons, etc. My goal for this post is just to remind myself and everyone that God warns us to be wary of the devil. He says that the devil is as a roaring lion. The devil is out to get us. We cannot live our lives thinking that he does not exist. Satan is trying to get us to fall into temptation and trying to get us to sin. We must constantly ask God to help us overcome sin. God is so much greater than sin, but He can't help us until we are willing to admit that we need help. For more information on this subject, I recommend reading the "Lies about Satan" section of Lies Young Women Believe. You can also read a post I wrote about Spiritual Warfare here.

No comments:

Post a Comment