Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Testimony

Doing math can really make you think... but in a different way then you're thinking;). While I was doing math I realized that I haven't shared my testimony with y'all! Here all this time I've just been preachin' away and I haven't even told you how I got save... It should've been the first post that I did but it wasn't... So here is my testimony! :)

I grew up in a Christian home. I went to church every Sunday and Wednesday. We did family devotions every night before bed. We did all those things and more like... pray before we eat... pray before we leave to go somewhere... Growing up like that I grew up knowing about God and about how He died on the cross for me and that I needed to be forgiven for all my sins so that He could make me clean and all that but I never really thought about it outside of church. I would like to say that I was a good kid but I really wasn't... I was actually a mean little girl (to my sister anyways...) but that's another story for another day;). To spite all that I never saw my need for a Savior. Well, not until I was 9 at least. Sometime in November, 2006 our family went back to Ohio (where we used to live) and stayed with our old pastor (Pastor V). One of the Sundays we were there I heard a message in children's church about Heaven and Hell. Now I was 9 and I knew what I hadn't been doing and what I needed to do. That night about 11:30 or so, after me and my sister were already in bed, I told my sister that I wanted to get saved. Being the great sister that she was said that I should wait until morning;)... but of course I couldn't. We went down to where my parents' room was and I told them I wanted to be saved. We talked for a really long time and they showed me some verses and we talked some more. My parents wanted to make sure that I was serious. After all of that I asked Jesus to come into my heart and immediately I just felt awesome! Kinda like when you jump into a cold pool and your body gets all tingly but the difference with me was that I was sooooo excited!!!!! not cold;). So, on November 28, 2006 I got saved at 12:30 in the morning. :D

This is really the first time that I have really shared my testimony... except for when I got baptized. I really hope that all of that made sense to you and that it's not just a jumbled up mess:). Now I would love to hear your testimony! Maybe I can soon:). Hope y'all have a great day! :)

1 comment:

  1. I never grow tired of hearing how God works in someone's life to draw them to Himself! So glad that God saved you and I'm looking forward to all He has in store for you as you commit your life to serving Him! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete