Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lord, Thank You

I recently had the opportunity to go to Chicago with my school band. We had an awesome time. Something happened there that really made me stop and think. I was shopping on the Magnificent Mile when a man approached my chaperone. He began talking about how hungry he was and he started begging for money. Seeing that was so sad, but it made me remember how lucky I am to have what I do. God has given me a wonderful family, amazing friends, a great school to go to, a church filled with inspirational people, a house to live in, food to eat, and so much more. And most importantly, He has saved me from the death that I deserve. But most of the time, I take all of this for granted. I get upset when I'm not able to get something new or when I don't get exactly what I want. But what if I was like that man on the street that had nothing to eat?
I don't understand why God has been so gracious to me, being the sinner that I am, but I do know that I am very grateful. Almost every time I watch the news, I think of how lucky I am. It seems that there's nothing on the news these days but depressing stories. Like the one I just saw about the two 14-year-old girls who committed suicide, supposedly because they were victims of bullying at their school. I feel so blessed to go to a public middle school that has virtually no bullying, etc. It hurts me to think of how often I take for granted what God has given me, but I pray that He will help me to always have a thankful heart.

Proverbs 30:8~Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment