Saturday, April 16, 2011

Run Your Race (Part 1)

I want you to read this passage. While you're reading it, think about it. Also, you might want to come up with some questions to ask yourself.

  • 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 ~ 24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. 25Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. 27But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.



What do you think about what you just read? What questions did you ask yourself? Well, with me personally to connect an athlete to something is one of the biggest way to get me to understand it because I'm and athlete. I know that in order to win games or run a fast mile you have train, eat the right foods, pace yourself, etc. One thing we all need to realize is that just as a runner prepares for a race, or a soccer player prepares for a game, we must prepare for our Christian race. Now when you win a race or a game you get a prize such as a trophy, but one day you will forget about it or it will be destroyed. What if you don't win? What happens then? Well, you typically don't get a prize. But what about our Christian walk? Does only one winner get a prize? NO! Anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as his Savior and accepts the challenge of following Him will get a prize and that prize is spending time with Christ in heaven. There is no greater gift than that one. As you run this race remember that you are never alone; Christ is always with you. I hope this was encouraging to you! I will try and have part 2 posted sometime this week if school permits:). Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment