Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Servant's Heart ~ Love

Make me a servant like you, dear Lord.
Living for others each day.
Humble and meek, helping the weak,
Loving in all that I say.

Give me Lord, a servant's heart.
Here's my life:take every part.
Give me, Lord, a servant's heart.
Help me draw so close to you.
That your love comes shining through.
Give me Lord, a servant's heart.
Give me Lord, a servant's heart.

Make me a witness like you, dear Lord.
Showing the love of the cross.
Sharing Your Word till all have heard,
Serving whatever the cost.

Give me Lord, a servant's heart.
Here's my life: take every part.
Give me, Lord, a servant's heart.
Help me draw so close to you.
That your love comes shining through.
Give me Lord, a servant's heart.
Give me Lord, a servant's heart.

The lines highlighted in purple are ones that really caught my attention. This was kind of surprising to me. If we want to show the love of God to others, we must do it by growing close to God. To grow closer to Him, we must (1) read His Word to learn more about Him and (2) spend time talking to Him through prayer. Once we grow close to Him, others will be able to see that we love Him and that He loves them.
I really felt like this was a good concept. I had never really thought about it like that before, but when we spend time with God, others really can sense a change in our mood. On the mornings that I have time to do my devotions (I always do them at night, but sometimes I don't get around to doing them in the morning) I go to school in a much better mood. I am more likely to do well on my schoolwork and interact better with others. All because I "drew near to God."
So, this week, it is my challenge to you this week to draw near to God. I'd love to hear about the difference it made in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment