Wednesday, June 15, 2011

From Running to Religion

What do you think running and your religion have in common? Anything? Well, I do. The main thing I see is that they both require a great deal of discipline. I mean you're not going to want to get out of bed and read your Bible just like you're not going to necessarily want to get up and run at 6 a.m. every morning. They both require constant training. We must be constantly spending time in God's Word to get everything out of it that we possibly can. Just the same, with running, you must constantly be pushing yourself harder because if you don't you will lose all you had gained. The last one I think about is how they both make you feel. When I get up and spend time learning in God's Word and then praying, I feel refreshed. It helps me to go through the day in a much better attitude and it makes me feel great. Same with running (most of the time...). Most of the time when I run I come in feeling refreshed. Feeling confident that I just accomplished something else that I thought I couldn't do. My purpose for this post is not to make the Bible equal to running, but to a make a practical application. I've shared with you before I learn something a whole lot better if it can be compared to something athletic. I hope this post encourages you! Have a great day! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment