Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blessings

I was sitting down thinking the other day... well, maybe I was standing... I'm not sure... but anyway... I was thinking about how all the time I am asking for stuff and getting upset when I don't get what I want... that's is not a good way to be. It gets into one of two places... 1. You get in a ton of trouble with your parents and get something taken away... 2. You become a brat and nobody wants to hang out with you. I'm sure there's more but I will just leave it at that. I think our focus should be switched from what we want to what we already have. God has already given me so much and yet I keep asking for more. And the sad thing is, when I ask for stuff it's what I want because I already have what I need. When I think about how selfish I'm being it's really eye-opening. Next time you think about wanting something think about all those people who don't even get what they need, let alone what they want. When I think about that it makes me content with what I have. Not only should we be less selfish on the outside, we need to be less selfish on the inside. We can start by instead of asking God for more tell Him how thankful we are for all He has given to us. Then everybody's happy :) I hope this encourages you! Have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment