Sunday, May 22, 2011

Overcoming Fear

I finally overcame my fear of roller coasters a few Saturdays ago. I went to Carowinds with some of the band people from my school. I had only been on one roller coaster before that, and I was terrified. But my dad and little brother somehow managed to talk me into riding the Intimidator. I'm fairly certain the only reason that I got on it was because I didn't want to look stupid waiting through the whole line and then getting off at the exit once we got to the top. So, I got on the roller coaster, and I loved it!!!!
This fear is kind of like some spiritual fears. But, fearing to do something is not an excuse that Christ will accept. Christ tells us that He will help us overcome fears, so we must depend on Him and "Just do it." One fear that I have been really struggling with is the fear of witnessing. But, Christ has been really convicting me, and I am praying that He will give me strength and courage.
So this week, trust Christ to help you overcome fear. He won't let you down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment