Saturday, May 7, 2011

Forgiveness

Forgiveness is not a topic that I like to talk about very much because I don't like "being the bigger person". I don't like having to give forgiveness or ask for forgiveness. I struggle with this a lot because my flesh does not desire to be like Christ. Forgiveness is something that most people I know, and people in general, do not like to talk about forgiveness. People at my church are constantly talking about how Christ died on the cross to forgive us for our sins. But, we never talk about how we should be the ones asking and giving forgiveness. Now me just saying stuff about this topic doesn't mean much so, I will give you some verses to go along with it. We're gonna start out in Matthew 26:28 which says,"for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins." Christ shed His blood so He would be able to forgive us of our sins. Without Christ dying on the cross we would not have eternal life in Heaven with Christ but instead we would spend eternity in hell. Now I want to look back in Daniel 9:9. It says, "To the LORD our God belong mercy and forgiveness, for we have rebelled against Him." God is merciful and forgiving... shouldn't we be too? There are several more verses that I could put up here but I won't. Feel free to look those up though. I hope this post encourages you! Have a great day! (:

3 comments:

  1. Only when we truly begin to grasp how much we have been forgiven will we be able to have the Christ-like humility that we are commanded to have...like in Eph. 4:32. I love the example of the woman at the end of Luke 7.Never would be any hope apart from that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true! I always struggle with knowing and acknowledging how much of a sinner I really am. We must find a balance between knowing how bad we really are and knowing that we are not condemned. Only when we truly realize that we are sinners can we accept Christ's salvation in order to not be condemned, so that must come first. Kind of a round-about way of thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is awesome is knowing (God revealing :) how bad we are, and realizing Christ's blood cleanses us from ALL of it!!! May we never lose the wonder of the cross! And live victoriously in light of the cross!

    ReplyDelete