Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Lay Aside Every Weight and Sin"

I know Breanna has been doing posts on "Running Your Race," so Breanna, I promise not to steal your thunder:) I just have one thought from Hebrews 12 that I'd like to share.

Our youth leader had his last Sunday at our church a couple weeks ago, and Hebrews 12 was the passage he read to us as a last thought. The phrase about laying aside every weight and sin really caught my attention. I'll put an excerpt from Hebrews 12 here so that you can read it in context.

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." (verses 1 and 2)

This passage just really encouraged me to do away with everything that hinders me and serve God completely. "If your right hand leads you into sin, cut it off." If there is something weighing you down, or a sin that is hindering you from accomplishing God's will, get rid of it!!! If there is a person that you can't be around without sinning, stop talking to them! The only thing that really counts is glorifying God and accomplishing His will, so don't let anything keep you from doing that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment