Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Quotes...

Some quotes I read make me smile. Some quotes I read make me think. And some quotes I read I really just don't get. We read quotes a lot right? Of course we do. Whether it's people putting it up on Facebook or just telling you about them, they're everywhere. I'm not saying they're bad because a lot of them are actually good, though-provoking quotes. What I am saying is that we need to be 'quoting' the Bible first. If we spent as much time looking through the Bible at the many good verses as we do reading quotes from other people, we would learn a lot. I want to challenge you. Every time you read or find a quote I want you to find a verse and read it. It doesn't matter if you're just opening your Bible to a random page and reading a random verse. Just do it. I just realized by saying that I 'quoted' Nike... that was not my intention so just ignore it;). Hope y'all have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. :) Great post. We must only be enamored with quotes as much as they are biblical, and point us to scripture. I think a great challenge would be to find the verse that would correspond with the quote! It's God's word that changes us, not men's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very good point! I know a lot of churches now that just use quotes and hardly ever refer to the Bible. I feel very lucky to go to church where I do!!

    ReplyDelete