Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's Been a Year!

This month marks the one-year anniversary of our blog! Breanna and I started this blog on May 31, 2010 (we started it at about 11pm; we were very anxious to have a blog together, and we got one as soon as I found out I was allowed:)). I just wanted to do this post as sort of a fun "lessons I've learned" kinda thing. I'll do one column of fun stuff and then another of spiritual things God has taught me.

Lessons about blogging with Breanna...
~Blogger has all sorts of awesome backgrounds, colors, etc., but Breanna is much better at changing them than I am:)
~Doing 5 posts a month is a very good goal. It's not too hard, but it does keep you busy.
~Blogging is a great way to unleash some of my obsessive-compulsiveness and organizational skills.
~You have to click on "Edit Html" before you can copy and paste! (At first, I didn't know there was a way to do at all on Blogger, and I wasted so much time typing everything out:( Lame, I know.)
~Blogging with Breanna is a great way to learn a lot:) I learn from her posts, and I learn from mine, even if no one else on the planet reads this blog and benefits from it:)
~Accountability is great!

Spiritual lessons I've learned while blogging...
~You need to be able to take knowledge from God's Word and organize it so that it can benefit you and others. (Blogging is a great way to do that.)
~Humility is important, and it must not be false humility.
~There is always a lesson to learn from others; that's why God put us all on earth together.
~It is not impossible to overcome certain sins; you just have to pray about them and work really hard. Worrying has been one of my hardest to overcome lately. It's different than some sins because it's not something that you can just physically stop doing. You have to train your mind.
~God should always come first. Blogging is one of my ways to give God more time and give other things less.

No comments:

Post a Comment