Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fruit

The passages I'm using for this post are 2 Peter 1:5-7, Colossians 3:12, and Galatians 5:22-23. I will not write them out since it would be very time consuming, but you can look them up if you'd like.
I have really learned a lot from these verses about what kind of fruit I should be seeing in my walk with God. I like these verses because they offer practical advice on things we can ask God to help us with. I have made out a list of all the different Christ-like characteristics from these 3 verses. They are: virtue, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, love, tender mercies, humility, meekness, longsuffering, joy, peace, goodness, faithfulness, and gentleness. Whew!!! That's quite a list. I know I won't be able to come anywhere close to achieving all of those things. At least this side of Heaven! But, I can ask God to help me! Obviously, no one is perfect, but, with God's help, we can mature in our faith! Some of these are easier than others. But, we struggle with all of them at one time or another. I will definitely be praying and asking God to help me achieve these things!
We definitely SHOULD NOT try to achieve all of these at once. A good idea, though, would be to pick one or two and ask God to help you with them this week. You'd be surprised how much you can accomplish with God's help!!! I hope this post is encouraging to you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment