Saturday, October 30, 2010

Proverbs 25:11 ~ Apples of Gold

Proverbs 25:11~A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.

I came across this verse as I was reading my Bible the other day. It really made me think. Do my words usually hurt others or build them up? Sadly, lots of times, the answer is the former. While I don't usually say unkind things about others to their face, I am very bad at gossiping. I found this quote in a devotional in one of my Bibles: "If I can enjoy a joke at the expense of another; if I can in any slight another in conversation, or even in thought, then I know nothing of Calvary's love." (Amy Carmichael) That quote really hit me. Not only should I not talk unkindly about others, I shouldn't think any unkind thoughts about them either!

I really liked this verse because it told me something helpful about kind words. They are like apples of gold. But, these words must be fitly spoken. They must help others and build them up. This really made me want to have the words that I say called "apples of gold." I will be praying that God will help me to speak "apples of gold." I hope that this post encourages you to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment