Tuesday, November 2, 2010

God's Will

The other night in church we sang "I Am Thine, O Lord" by Fanny Crosby. Like a lot of other songs have, this song convicted me. We got to the third stanza which reads:

Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
By the pow'r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.

The fourth line really got me. The Lord has been convicting me lately about His will. Not really anything specific that He has for my life yet, but just that I need to be fully trusting in and following Him. I decided to look up verses about God's will and see what they had to say. I found one that I really like: Proverbs 1:33. It says: "But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil." I really like the promise that that verse gives. It tells us that if we listen to God, we won't need to fear evil.


I then started thinking about what keeps us from God's will. I guess that we, as humans, just like to be in control. Most of the time, I LOVE being in control. Whenever I have a group project that I have to do, I want to be the leader. This isn't a bad thing, necessarily, but it is if I want my will over God's. This song and verse just inspired me to be so caught up in God's will for my life that I don't even think about mine. I hope it inspires you too! Later this month I'll talk about what God's will is for our lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment