Monday, November 8, 2010

Good Deeds: A Challenge

The other day I started thinking. I was thinking about how when we, as Christians struggle with a particular sin, and we know that we do, we will try to fix it. Which is a good thing, as long as we know that we can't apart from God's strength. But then I thought, "I think while we're so focused on all of the negative things, we miss out on the positive ones." I'm NOT saying that we should just let our sin go, but simply that we should be just as focused on that, while also trying to do good deeds. Christ did so many good deeds while He was on earth. Some of them, like doing miracles, we can't do. But, others, like being hospitable, etc. we can do. So, it is my challenge to you, and me, to try and do some good deeds this week. I think you'd be surprised at the results!!! I will comment in a week or two and let you know about my experience!!

*You may not struggle with this at all, but I recognized it as something I struggle with, so I thought I'd do a post about it. If you don't struggle with this, then keep doing the good deeds that you're doing now!!*

2 comments:

  1. This is a great challenge, Caroline! I will try to do good deeds as well. I big one can be classified under the category I guess... and that is holding your tongue. I will try to that as well as the one you've listed!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, here's my update:
    Well, I must confess, I haven't such a great job of doing good deeds. I think I just get caught up in my agenda that I forget to be hospitable to others. This is definitely something that I will try to be better about...

    ReplyDelete