Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Who Do You Trust In?

The other day, I got an email from my dad. It had a link to a website with a bunch of pictures from a recently-erupted volcano in Indonesia. Some of the pictures of the volcano were really cool, but the pictures of all the injured people and destroyed homes were so sad. Today in science, we watched a video and heard about tsunamis that had killed tens of thousands of people. One of the pictures on the website had a picture of a woman praying. And I thought, "I wonder who she is praying to? Is it to one of her country's false gods? Does she have any hope at all that the person or god she is praying to will answer her?" This made me even sadder, but it also made me glad that I have a God that I can trust in. I have confidence that He will answer my prayers. I thought of the verses Proverbs 3:5-6. This says: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall directs your paths." This verse is always very encouraging to me, even though I've heard it many times. It never gets old to be reminded that I have a God that I can trust in! I hope this post encourages you, and please pray for all of those people that were affected by the volcano!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment