Saturday, January 1, 2011

Another New Year's Challenge

Happy 2011 everyone!!!! I know that I have encouraged everyone to make New Year's resolutions, but I have gotten a great idea from another blog. I was reading the Lies Young Women Believe Blog the other day, and they had a great idea. They challenged everyone to start the New Year off by reading their Bible. For many people, that is a given. But, I thought that it was a great idea, because it will keep my resolutions (hopefully) focused on Christ. So, it is my challenge to y'all (and of course, me) to take the month of January, and think more about reading your Bible than your resolutions. I'm not saying not to do them, but to think about reading your Bible first. That way, when you think about your resolutions, you will think about them more through Christ's point of view. I thought it was really cool that I read this on another blog, because my resolutions almost always end up not happening. This way, I will know if they are really important. I am still doing my other New Year's resolutions, but reading my Bible is my first priority. I hope that this will encourage you to be focused on God's Word this month, and for the rest of the year!

2 comments:

  1. You know it really does help. I have been reading my Bible as soon as I et out of bed every morning and it has helped my attitude and focus and everything to be in check (most of the time;)). Reading my Bible everyday has shown me that if you focus on Christ, your whole day will go better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's definitely true. Unfortunately I don't always get to reading my Bible in the morning. I make up for it at night, but it's not the same. I don't really have that great of an excuse, except for the fact that on some morning I have to leave at 6:45. One thing I like to do is try to read 1 Psalm or Proverb in the morning and do my regular reading at night. That way, I have time in the morning because the chapters aren't so long.

    ReplyDelete