Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Friends

Friends are in and out of your life just like moments passing on a clock. I have a very good friend who I like to hang out with whenever I can get the chance. She lives in Illinois, and since I never get to see her, making contact is important to me. Just like I cannot see my friend every day, we cannot see God. But we can see Him through the reading of his word. I mean, we can't see him face to face (like I can this friend on Skype), but we communicate with him through the reading of his word and praying. As we read his word, the Holy Spirit guides and directs us to the way we should go, just like a good friend. Good friends are hard to come by. 'Good friends' are the friends that will stick by us when the going gets tough. Friends that we can rely on and will understand us. I once read this next quote somewhere, and it says, “Be careful of who your friends are. For you become what they are." We need to have a close, intimate relationship with God so that we can become more like Him. By reading His word and praying, we become more like him. So my challenge to you is, choose your friends carefully, and become more like God.

No comments:

Post a Comment