Sunday, January 9, 2011

"Stuff"

I don't know about you, but I LOVE "stuff." I love new clothes, office supplies, and pretty much anything new. Unfortunately, I am probably to attached to my stuff. I can't imagine if I had to live without a lot of the things I have. But Matthew 6:19 and 20 tells us, "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal." This Scripture really convicts me that I need to be more concerned about my heavenly treasure and less concerned about my earthly treasure. One day, I will no longer be on the earth and the things I have here will no longer matter. So, with these things in mind, I need to have an attitude of thankfulness for the things that I do have, but I shouldn't be so attached to them that they consume my life. I recently got a new cell phone and it has been a really great thing to have, but I think I enjoy it a little to much. I text pretty much all the time and don't leave time for the things that are really important. These verses have convicted me that I need to spend less time texting and more time reading God's Word and praying. I hope this post encourages you to store up many treasures in Heaven.

2 comments: